How are the school’s resources allocated and matched to children’s special educational needs?
- The Headteacher decides on the budget for SEND in consultation with SENCo and school governors, on the basis of need in the school;
- The SEN budget is allocated each financial year. The money is used to provide additional support or resources dependent on an individual’s needs;
- The additional provision may be allocated after discussion with the class teacher, the SENCO, medical professionals and the child’s parents, at pupil progress meetings or if a concern has been raised by them at another time during the year;
- If any concerns are raised on completion of the assessments the SENCo will investigate further support or advice from outside agencies if required;
- Individual Pupil Premium payments, Pupil Funding Agreements and Educational Health Care Plans are used to support pupil learning.