Mini Vinnies at Christ the King
Mini Vinnies are part of the much larger organisation of the SVP. The motto of the Mini Vinnies is 'Turning Concern into Action' and we currently have a strong group of Year 5 and 6 children who are motivated by this. If you would like to find out more about the Mini Vinnies then why not have a look at their website http://www.minivinnies.org.uk/
If anyone has any ideas or activities that they would like the Mini Vinnies to be involved with then please speak to one of the Mini Vinnies team.
This year the Mini Vinnies at Christ the King have been very active at turning their concern into action. Here are just some of the things they have been up to recently:
- They have promoted the collection of goods for our harvest celebration and worked with the SVP to distribute these to the local foodbank.
- During Advent they helped organise the collection of shoeboxes for those children less fortunate than themselves.
- They made and distrubted Advent Worship material for use in each class
- They organised and provided refreshments for a Beetle Drive for members of the Parish.
- They planned and led assemblies for both Key Stages on our 40items for the 40days of Lent challenge where children were encouraged to bring in items for them to make care packages for those in need. The response to this was overwhelming!
- Children across school were also encouraged to do something extra or go without to earn 10pence pieces for their class. All money raised was split between the work of CAFOD and the SVP.
- The Mini Vinnies helped put together travelling Rosary bags to be sent home during the month of May for children to spend time praying and refelcting on Mary with their families.
As well as this, the children meet regularly in prayer and think about how the little things we do on a daily basis can also make a big difference to others.
Some upcoming events:
- Afternoon Tea and Refreshments for Parishioners
- Possible Retreat Day with Mini Vinnies from other local primary schools